1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cushman White Van/truck rear end

Discussion in 'Microvans' started by brinkster, May 11, 2016.

1. brinkster

brinkster New Member

Does anybody know who manufactures the rear end for cushman white van/truck? It's running 5.3 to 1 ratio and I'd like to get a higher ratio so I don't burn the motor out on the highway trying to keep up. I've got a shop that will do the work I just need to know if there is another set of gears I can put in there.

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

If you want to lower your engine RPM in relation to road speed you will need a lower differential gear ratio, not higher. You might check with Getz Gear but don't know if yours specifically. It's a start and maybe they might have some suggestions too.

Fred

3. brinkster

brinkster New Member

Yes Lower. I need to know the manufacturer of the rear end to get the gears. I have a shop that will do the work but they couldn't help with getting the parts. Cushman didn't make a lower differential gear set for it but a lot of the parts on it are made by other manufacturers. The rear end may be a mitsubishi but I don't know what make or model it went it. Do you have a website for Getz Gear?

4. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

No I can't be any more help as I retired in 1990 and I now live in the Philippines and don't have any references anymore. I just recalled that name from way back in the foggy memory bank. Might try to google it. May not even be around anymore. There is a company named Jacobsen who makes golf course maintenance equipment that uses the suzuki engine in some of their products who may possible use some other parts in the drivetrain. Another equipment possibility might be Toro.

Another way you might go about it would be to try to find a rear end from something that had a 5 spd trans because as I remember most of the Cushman's had 3spd trans.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but maybe this can give you a place to start searching.

Fred