1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cushman Mitsubishi speed limiter

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Quadsmitty, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Quadsmitty

Quadsmitty New Member

I THINK I MAY HAVE BROKE THE CUSHMAN-MISTSUBIHI SPEED CENSOR CODE!
    Hi everyone. I've been trying for a year now to bypass my speed limiter on my cushman with the Mitsubishi 4g82 4cyl. Tonight I was tinkering with the little electric/magnetic thing on the backside of the speedometer. It's inside the instrument cluster inside the dash. Anyway, I disconectect it completely, the truck ran like crap. While it was idling, I accidentally touched the hot wire to the ground where the switch WAS connected. This reset the gov. for about 5seconds. So what I did was run a wire outside of the dash(from the hot and ground) and wired a horn button inline. Now when I'm driving, I need to push the button every time the gov. Kicks in. This is somehow telling the computer I'm not going over 22.5mph. If I continue to keep pushing it every 5seconds or so, I can get my "Cushy" up to 70kmh in third gear! It was redlined to the max, but I had to do it anyway! I haven't messed with unlocking 4,5 gears yet because there was no reason until I beat the speed issue. That's my next project.
    If anyone knows of some kind of relay or something I can put inline, so I don't have to keep pushing a button every 5 seconds or so, I think I've got it figured out!

Trey 4x4 likes this.