1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current status of mini trucks in Arizona??

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Meesho, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Meesho

Meesho Member

Does anyone have theirs licensed for road use? What are you paying for insurance?

On a side note, HOW DO YOU LIKE THE WEATHER!!!!

Thanks!

2. DWils

DWils Member

1992 Honda Acty SDX van. I bought it for way too much, but I don't care because the guy who owned it before me and imported it from Japan went through the Level 2 inspection at MVD and got it titled and registered in Arizona so I didn't have to bother will all that mess when I bought it from him. Registration for one year was... wait for it... a whopping $24. Insurance on it was $192/year through Progressive. That's on a policy with three other motorcycles (Progressive considers it a motorcycle because my car insurance company won't insure it) and Progressive gives more of a discount when you add more vehicles. My total policy cost actually decreased by about $100/year. And that's with $100k/$300k coverage. The Acty is insured for slightly more than how much I paid for it. I have never seen another mini truck/van on the roads here and the only other street legal mini I have seen online was an Acty truck back in like 2014 or so.

3. Keys

Keys New Member

Registration for me on my '91 Honda Acty was $82.00 for two years (veterans plate) and insurance through The Hartford (AARP) is $292.00 for a year. Not considered a motorcycle.