1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossroads Lift Kit on a van?

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by LostBoyScout, Oct 4, 2008.

1. LostBoyScout

LostBoyScout New Member

Hey folks,

I'm a new Sambar owner, and have a couple closely related questions..

Firstly, does the pickup and the van share the same suspension? I was noticing that the crossroads lift kit specs spring spacers for the rear, which made me think it is the same - i knew the van had rear springs but wasnt sure that the pickup did. Hoping this kit will fit the van (or any other kit, this is just the only one i really know for the subaru)

Second, has anyone got any experience/feedback with this 2" lift kit on a Sambar? I'm worried about how the drivetrain reacts to the new geometry.. and also if there are other kits that people would recommend over it, etc. The van is a 4WD manual.

Thanks!

Here is a pic of the van in question:

Attached Files:

2. Colin

Colin Member

I think they're the same. Trucks have the same rear-engine, semi-trailing arms with coil springs configuration.

[​IMG]

3. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

If the van has the same coil spring in the back it should fit. I don't remember the last one of that year I looked at. The CV axles have no problem because the diffs are all in the center of the truck. So each CV axle is the same length. Also the lift is only 2". We do 3" on the new style because we can adjust the camber on the new style.