1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crazy problem. 1989 Bravo supercharged 550cc

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by victorb153, Jul 4, 2020.

1. victorb153

victorb153 New Member

problem........1989 Mitsubishi Bravo supercharged van..550cc........my kids playing with hose put water in a gas can and I dumped it in my van.....so.. I am a half way decent body man not mechanic...had a friend come over we dropped gas tank....blew out lines.....he took carburetor off and cleaned out lines..put everything back put gas in....... and it started right up and idled perfect.....rev it up and it goes back down to idle perfect.......if its in neutral or in gear with foot on clutch.... for 10 minutes you can rev it up and it will return to idle and everything is perfect

BUT.......when you take off to drive in reverse or forward,, you drive for 15 ft and all of a sudden it revs up to 5000rpm....pull over shut off..strat it right back ups and it idles perfect rev it up and it goes back to idle perfect keep revving it up and it goes right back to perfect idle........BUT. as soon as you start to drive in 10 or 15 ft it starts revving crazy high......my friend was thinking a vacuum line someone on facebook page wrote that most all the vacuum lines are just for emissions only the one for the distributor that might be a problem........is there a schematic for vacuum lines for a 1989 550c. supercharged bravo van....someone wrote maybe kink in accelerator cable but I can rev it up 20 times and it returns to perfect idle for 15 minutes.....the go to drive and 15ft wham its revving like crazy....shut it off start it back up one se cold later and its idling perfect sit there revving it up..perfect...go to drive ....LOL Wham revving like crazy........

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Not familiar with your vehicle so just a thought. Is there a switch somewhere in the trans or shifter linkage that gives a 'in gear' signal that may actuate somehow to "idle up" the throttle linkage or move the throttle plate in the carb? Could be only an adjustment somewhere is needed.

Fred

Limestone likes this.