1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Fan Relays

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by RicMcc, Aug 20, 2019.

1. RicMcc

RicMcc New Member

Could someone tell me what to use as a replacement for the DENSO relay used in the radiator fan circuit.

The relay needing to be replaced is a DENSO 156700-2080

Thank You

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Ebay (2 used listed in USA), Amazon (maybe), NAPA or Chief/Checker/Autozone should be able to come up with one that will work.

Basically it is a four pin relay, with the coil energized when the thermal switch on the radiator warms up and closes, and the power feed then closing and feeding the fans. A Denso air-conditioning clutch really should work so long as the amp rating on the fan feed is high enough.

3. RicMcc

RicMcc New Member

Thanks for the reply. You are correct, what I need is a correctly sized (amp rated) relay that can be activated by a thermal switch. Another question, do you happen to know where the thermal switch is located. It is not on the the radiator. Carry is a type- GD DB 52T , engine is a F6A, Model year 2006 (?)

4. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Mine is a 2002 CarryVan DA62V. The radiator fan relay is activated by the computer. There is no separate thermo senser for it.

Fred

5. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

There should be a thermostatic sensor/switch on the cylinder head.

As Fred aside, it may be feeding through the engine management computer.