1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cool new toolbox necessity

Discussion in 'Performance' started by fupabox, Jan 13, 2013.

1. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Thanks for the tip.I ordered one.I spent my working life in the construction/heavy equipment business and we always sent in oil samples for analysis and it will save you money if you use it regularly and "track" your engine.If this works as advertised it's cheap insurance.

Jeff slifer likes this.
  3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

I agree Jim. I currently use Blackstone Labs. for my Dodge Diesel. I send a sample about every 6 months at a cost of 25.00 a pop. They do a full oil test which has a lot of info. but this little unit basically does the same thing. The biggest thing is watching for fuel, coolant, and heavy metals showing up in your oil. You are right if it works as advertised well worth the cost.
    Great find Fupabox.

4. Deanclean

Deanclean Member

Great little tool, I think Ill get one too. Very useful for someone like myself who isnt the most mechanical guy around. This could give me "heads up" when things may be starting to go bad. Thanks for the post.
    Ryan

5. rst277

rst277 Member

Very interesting stuff! I am going to have to do some research into this. Ralph in Winnipeg.

Barry Read likes this.
  6. TamiPaulus

TamiPaulus Member

One of the common complaints of all vehicle owners is the fuel efficiency. I think this is the great tool for measuring the fuel efficiency especially for the trucking companies where profit margin is quiet low.

7. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I got one of these and all it tells you is the acidity of the oil.I was hoping for fuel contamination but it doesn't give you that.It shows acid build up by lighting more segments and the instructions say if your oil doesn't show build up then you may have fuel contamination.The main thing it does is tell you how much acid build up in the oil but not enough real information to inspire a lot of confidence,at least not for me.

8. Daner

Daner Member

Hmm so it has oil quality indicator lights? So it will tell you when the oil should be changed? Similar to what new cars come with then. I kinda want one just so I can run around to all our old vehicles that have been sitting for years and test it. Then I would know before the dipstick starts corroding whether or not it needs rescuing. lol It would be nice if it actually gave a pH number.