1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete LED conversions?

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by HapaSambar, Apr 18, 2015.

1. HapaSambar

HapaSambar New Member

I want to convert all lights in my 1993 Subaru Sambar DiasII to LED's.
    Has anyone done this or does anyone have any tips/ideas?

2. kane

kane New Member

One of my favorite mods aesthetically

3. ttc

ttc Active Member

lol i have watched all his videos. with a 40 amp alternator every little bit helps.

4. Jun tecson

Jun tecson New Member

Converted my headlights to LED h4 with some minor modifications to the wiring...it has broke my set of HIDs...and 1 pc of LED h4..its a negative trigger hi and low..;)..but finally..success!:D 20150825_162155-1-1.jpg 20150825_162223-1-1.jpg

5. Jun tecson

Jun tecson New Member

I also installed a digital voltage meter to the temp gauges, at the same time i can monitor if my radiator fan is working.. 2015-09-23 22.47.33.jpg

installater and BL4KKAT like this.
  6. Old Ironsights

Old Ironsights New Member

So far I have replaced every bulb on my HiJet with WalMart LEDs except the front blinkers (sockets need modding because bulbs are too square or I need a more tapered bulb), headlights and the plate light (need an 89LL bulb replacement).

So far total cost was abour $110 US for direct swap bulbs.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    PhilMitsu likes this.
  7. com1

com1 New Member

The biggest benefit would be the headlights and going with a relayed harness and upgraded bulbs.

8. airboss20

airboss20 New Member

I purchased a set of Hima H4 9003 LED replacement bulbs for my 91 Carry DD51T. No adapter harness needed. These LED bulbs work normally and even fit within the small confines behind the headlight fixture. Completely plug-and-play. $29.99 on Amazon (ASIN: B0897H19R4)

9. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Member

I just did all the signal/dome/brake/backup/city lights as LEDs on my van. Headlights are fine as is so far. I need to polish the lenses before deciding the lights there. My blinkers go faster, didn't get a digital flasher yet. Need to research a bit more.

10. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

When I converted my Hijet, I installed a variable rate flasher. I ran a pair of jumper wires from the socket in the fuse block where the flesher mounts, and up-to where I mounted the switch I mount in one of the black switch locations on the dash. The adjustment sticks out just about 3/8th of an inch, and I can vary the flats rate if I tow one of the trailers.
    534DCCF5-2851-416C-84D1-47379A6C77BD.jpeg

11. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Member

12. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

40681BA7-43C7-47E5-8208-EFD2B16B3BA5.jpeg 1E413590-1DD2-4232-8148-1CB15210221D.jpeg
    When I mount the winter light bar, that I have when the snow plow is mounted, that adds more turn signals, because I have the ones built into the Plow headlights, and mounted some LED ambers on the side of them to increase visibility. And a rear bar with turn signals. So, i effectively double the wattage every winter. I installed a 90-amp alternator and some times if I am running the plow pump a lot, it is hard pressed to keep up with the demand.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021