1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colin stuck

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by hamradio, Jan 1, 2008.

1. hamradio

hamradio Member

Just drove by, the sambar appeared to be stuck, and was being pulled out with a red f150. ;) Haha.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  2. Subaru

Subaru Member

Pics---need pics:p

3. hamradio

hamradio Member

Haha, sorry, no pics. I just saw it in his driveway as I drove by, kind of wanted to stop and harass him or something, but I don't really know him, so I don't do stuff like that.

4. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Pushing the limits with his "snowmobile" perhaps? :D

5. Colin

Colin Member

You son of a... :D

I was racing my buddy home - him in his '95 Ranger with a 2.3 turbo swapped and 20 psi boost... me in the Sambar. I overtook him just before entering the driveway and attempted a ginormous glorious drift through the sweeping turn to the right... driveway was too slippery, so I ended up backwards in the ditch. D'oh!

The Ranger is 2WD and, despite our recent installation of a Trac-Lok 8.8, it was unable to dislodge the Sambar. The NPR made quick work of it. :)

Colin

6. hamradio

hamradio Member

I thought it was an f150, but it must've been a ranger. I saw a red truck. 2.3t in a ranger=:)

7. Colin

Colin Member

Yeah. It's an '85 turbo shortblock with a '95 dual plug head. Running Megasquirt'n'Spark-Extra with dual EDIS. Burns E85. Sweet truck. :)

I only beat him in our "race" because he chose to obey the 20MPH posted speed limit at the university. :D

Colin

8. hamradio

hamradio Member

Oh, I didn't see you by the university. I drove by and saw you in your driveway at your house, with some truck pulling out.

660cc ftw! :D

9. Colin

Colin Member

Yeah, I live a mile away from St. John's - we drove through the university before I got stuck. :D