1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coil springs

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by biggreen7520, Nov 4, 2007.

1. biggreen7520

biggreen7520 New Member

I posted before about needing some lift I found some heavy coil springs from a honda car that worked great, now the truck dosnt sag at all. I also installed a tach from glowshift gauges for a 3 cylinder engine this also works great. Next I will be installing a blackline plow for winter use.
    Thanks
    Joel

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Good info! I know I have seen some pics online of someone that installed a full-on coil-over kit from an auto on the front of a kei truck. That would really be the hot tickes as then you can pick from a HUGE selection of springs in whatever rate you wanted.

And I'm really aching to hear the real world results of folks using these trucks with a blackline plow dealling with REAL snow.

3. okeitrucker

okeitrucker Member

How much time did it take to change out the springs? Is this on a truck with or without a lift? What model and year of Honda did you get the springs off of? Sounds like a good idea if you're going to install a plow. Thanks.

-Hiram

4. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

yea, what year/model did you get the spring off of? sounds like a great fix!
    -mark

5. mitsu911

mitsu911 Member

What kind of car did the springs come out of?

6. slimbad

slimbad Member

Use the SEARCH button. The subject of coil springs has been discussed in several threads. Prob the best thread and info can be found here:

http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?t=1777

P.S. as a hint - responding to/commenting on threads that are a year/year and a half old prob won't yield any results. The subject has prob been forgotten or started up in a more recent thread.:) And without me doing another search - someone posted a link a couple of days ago about an additional source for coil springs. Here's the link to that:

http://www.afabcorp.com/AFCO_Dynate...GY&Store_Code=A&Category_Code=hp_coil-over-10

Hope this helps..........later, slim