1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coil springs 250 or 300

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by slayer30, May 31, 2011.

1. John M

John M New Member

Hey gang greetings from Louisiana. I just bought a Hi Jet jumbo, I believe S80, with mud tires and have an issue with the front left tire bottoming out and rubbing the wheel well when I hit bumps or inclines or make sharp turns. From what I've read so far on this blog it seems that a new 250lb coil/spring may fix it. Dishtech43 you said it was easy to change? I have basic tools... will I have to compress the spring to install it? Can you send me a link to a video tutorial?

2. John M

John M New Member

Also, I'm just starting with maintenance and need guidance on changing the oil & filter. Does an owner's manual for S80/82 even exist?

3. John M

John M New Member

Hey do you still have the extra coils? What's the size including ID of those?
    Thanks,
    John

4. DustyMerkin

DustyMerkin New Member

Can someone please elaborate on how and where this camber bolt goes? a picture would be worth 5000 words to me

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  5. mrxsht

mrxsht Member

I realize I'm a little late to give my opinion on this topic. But I would have done the 300lbs springs. I put some on my rwd S82 and I think they work fine. Infact I wish I could put even heavier springs up front.
    Pot holes suck ass even with 300lbs springs.
    I guess if you're not a large person,or riding with more than one person. That the 250's might work. Good luck.