1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coil springs 250 or 300

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by slayer30, May 31, 2011.

1. bobjonah

bobjonah Member

Hi Guys:

I made 5 1/2" shackles for the rear springs, and now with the 250# Afco's the truck is sitting pretty. Specialty Products Co. # 81250 camber bolts just arrived via Fed-X from Summit Racing, and I pick up my repaired ( Yes, it had a leak ) fuel tank this afternoon. Should be back on the road tomorrow, and I will let you know how it all works out.

Cheers

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Member

Thanks spaner but I got them ordered,probably here but I've been busy with a broken tractor axle.I appreciate the effort on the 22's but it's getting tough to do anything like that.

3. bobjonah

bobjonah Member

So, the camber bolts worked great. Front wheels are at @ -1/2 degree camber now and the truck handles great - better than ever before. I was a bit concerned that the higher stance may affect the rear drive shaft, but it seems fine - no vibration or extra noise evident.

The only issue with the camber bolts was that the top of the hub could not move inward in the strut ( touching ) so out came the handy mini grinder and I shaved @ 2mm off. The camber bolt was then able to do its job nicely

Thanks again to Spanner for the recommendation
    Bob Jonah

4. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Member

The NAPA # for the camber bolts is 264-3641.

5. Meansealvel

Meansealvel Member

Can anyone tell me if the camber adjustment bolt works on Mitsu models???

6. Meansealvel

Meansealvel Member

Ahhh ordered a few anyway.... looks like it should work! Thanks spanner!

7. Dishtech43

Dishtech43 New Member

I just put 250 Lbs Coil Springs on my 98 Daihatsu Mini Truck...PERFECT ! Not the same truck....very easy to change also...Oh..I also have an extra set of new in box 250 lbs springs for sale..if anyone interested.$100 plus shipping.. I ordered 2 sets.I didnt know they were sold in sets..some places sell each. but anyway..they work really good...nice ride now..with 2 of us in cab.

8. Greg Ledbetter

Greg Ledbetter New Member

do you still have coil springs could you call Greg @ 309-696-7688

9. Greg Ledbetter

Greg Ledbetter New Member

Do you still have coil springs for sale

10. Dishtech43

Dishtech43 New Member

yes..just left you a message

11. John M

John M New Member

Hey gang greetings from Louisiana. I just bought a Hi Jet jumbo, I believe S80, with mud tires and have an issue with the front left tire bottoming out and rubbing the wheel well when I hit bumps or inclines or make sharp turns. From what I've read so far on this blog it seems that a new 250lb coil/spring may fix it. Dishtech43 you said it was easy to change? I have basic tools... will I have to compress the spring to install it? Can you send me a link to a video tutorial?

12. John M

John M New Member

Also, I'm just starting with maintenance and need guidance on changing the oil & filter. Does an owner's manual for S80/82 even exist?