1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cheap tires

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by fupabox, Jul 21, 2009.

1. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

just got my truck and realized it had what are prob. the original tires on it. I lucked out Canadian Walmarts have Marshall 145/r12s on clearance for$16 each..they are running out of em so ya need to be quick

2. starpuss

starpuss Member

canadain tire has the motor master aw's on for 23.00 each also

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  3. zardoz

zardoz Member

Forget about Nova Scotia and PEI Wal-Mart's...ZERO stock... the 16 bucks/skin is a GIVEAWAY price. Wal-Mart is not stocking Marshalls anymore... so if you can find them GRAB them!

z

4. eeric

eeric Member

Anyone been to any walmart in BC?

5. BC_MMC

BC_MMC Member

No stock of 12" tires at WalMart or Cdn TIre in either Prince George or Abbotsford.

6. fupabox

walmart in Vaughn ontario has about 15 left as of yesterday..they are not in their computer system as they are clearance..If they try to give you ulyses tires dont take em unless almost free..they are manufactured in 2000 so 9 years old
    Cheers

7. eeric

eeric Member

I checked with walmart today, they don't have it anymore, the closest store would be in Edmonton, but they are still selling $40 each
    It looks like we may have to upgrade to 13"....

8. starpuss

starpuss Member

i got a set of motormaster aw's put on my truck monday. they where 32.00 each

but after tire tax and all other **** it was 230.00 for them installed and balanced

all they had was 4 in stock. and they will not be ordering more..

9. fupabox

update....walmart Bradford Ontario has 4 16$ each as of today 5pm

10. eeric

eeric Member

I wish someone can buy them and ship it to me....;) hehehe

11. fupabox

I would but you know Canadian shipping rates..all savings would be lost..my fiances mom is a walmart manager she says any wally mart will ship from 1 store to another free you should try that!

12. eeric

eeric Member

Are u serious? I don't mind pay for shipping .... Because I work for a courier company... Hehehe. I tired to ask them about this tired, they are selling for $37 each! So I didn't even bother ask them to ship it here :(

13. Gr8whitenorth

Gr8whitenorth New Member

the mini truck needs 6ply tires!!!

so its great that there are 4ply tires on sale but... the mini truck actually needs 6ply tires on it (especially for anyone carrying anything in the back). Has anyone come across a dealer or type of tire besides Kumho that sells a 6ply 145/80r12?

14. fupabox

anyone in need of them..walmart is blowing out 155/70/13s for $28.....they are around 7 1/2 % above stock size

15. zardoz

zardoz Member

dang...

Now I gotta go and find another set of rims, got my snowies on geo metro rims... wonder what I'll get for some street tires... at 28 bucks a tire it's worth picking them up and waiting for a set of rims.

z

16. fupabox

oops just noticed I wrote the size wrong...its 155/80/13 ..not 155/70/13sorry for the mess up

17. Little Dumper

Little Dumper Member

Carlisle makes a 6 ply trailer radial tire that could fit the bill. It's a 145/80r12 6ply tire that will hold 1480 lbs (iirc) at 45 psi inflation. I, personally, would have no issue what so ever with running a trailer tire, some might. They have a DOT # on them so there is no reason why you can't run it.

I do, however, have an issue with $120 each for them.......ouch.

Jon.

18. fupabox

i have no problem running 4 plys..the base weight of minitrucks negates the need for the extra capacity of of a 6 ply tire...if I'm correct my tires are rated at 420kg per tire..that's 3700 lbs of capacity.....even with 2 300lb guys in the cab that would leave 1600lbs of capacity for the bed.....6 plys or 4 plys it shouldn't even be an issue

19. prairie mini truck

prairie mini truck New Member

canadian tire is still selling 145/80r12 aw tires the store code is002-1413-8. hope this helps

20. zardoz

zardoz Member

What?

I just re-read this whole post.... what does four months have to do with anything?

z

21. werase643

werase643 Member

22. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

haha thats awesome!!