1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap option on s83p starter!

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Tripthyme, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Tripthyme

Tripthyme Active Member Supporting Member

Ef-cs engine. I bought a starter on ebay thats labeled for a Daihatsu hijet s83p for 115$ had different bolt pattern and outside diameter at the base of the snoot. So I took my snoot and end cap and replaced them on and have an exact match on my starter. Still the 0.9kw turns the motor over great now I just have to address my carburetor flooding.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  2. shogun

shogun Active Member

did you buy this one? DAIHATSU EF STARTER 28100-87524 https://www.ebay.com/itm/154320128996 quote: starter for the Daihatsu Mini Truck with the specific EF engine code. Cone Height : 70mm, Cone Diameter : 64mm, Middle to Middle for bolts holes for mounting : 110mm. Make sure to check the bolt pattern of your original starter and position of the solenoid. As there are several types of EF starters. unquote

what is the original size on your vehicle?

3. Tripthyme

Tripthyme Active Member Supporting Member

Yes I did and im not sure off the top of my head the bolts were different by 1/4 inch or so and the base of the snoot by an inch or so. Mine only needed new brushes and solenoid because I cracked mine when disassembling

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  4. Sunsethiker

Sunsethiker New Member

I just pulled my starter on my 83 ef cs engine, Daihatsu dump and it is 115 mm bolt hole to hole not the 110 mm in the ebay listing. I called the number on ebay listing verified the one they sell will not work unless I exchange snoot, which I am going to do. I saved 15 dollars by calling instead of using ebay. The guy I talked to said there are 3 different starters for the s83p ef engine as far as he knows. they only sell the one model. They are going to stop selling the starters he has had a 50% return rate.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023