1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap Carb-Repair-Kit Found

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by spaner, Apr 9, 2013.

1. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Wow, Give me 10.
    Be interesting to see if its made in Japan or China. China is making a ton of parts for Japanese mini trucks these days
    and I am certain they dont have the quality of Japanese OEM parts.

3. Daner

Daner Member

Bookmarked that site just in case. Thanks to all who searched for it.

4. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Just a note if you are doing rings on a F6A, the ring set G&R sells has 4 sets in the package.I just did an engine and was really worried that I would break 1 of those little dudes trying to install them.It went real smooth for me so now I have 1 extra hole for the next one.

5. werase643

werase643 Member

WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    didn't use some of the stuff, but what i needed was in the kit!!!!
    AWESOME FIND!
    also make sure ya clear out the water passages so the auto choke will work.
    missing one o-ring for the brass piece in the bowl... horrible freight o-ring kit fixed that

6. hatch

hatch Member

I see in most kits a very small o ring. I took my carb apart and cleaned it and re assembled to find a little o ring. It must have fallen out but I have no clue where it went. Can someone advise. Thanks.

Also a side note, I have been going through cleaning carbs for some time now and I have found that a tip cleaner for a torch works extremely well when cleaning tiny holes in jets as well as other areas.

Last thing, a question I have is trax, as well as a few others on here have sent there cabs to Ohio to be serviced. I've given it much thought and so do you feel a carb kit is worth it or just letting a pro do it. Hung up on what direction I should proceed in.

7. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

We had about a 50% rate on rebuilding carbs. at the our shop.
    Sometimes a simple cleaning will work and sometimes they need a
    deep cleaning such as letting them sit in a vat for a couple of hrs. We are not sat up
    For deep cleaning and flow testing after the rebuild.
    That's where the guys that do this for a living come in.
    I've never been disappointed with the rebuild carbs. I've sent
    to Hite Parts. They are as good as new and 99.9% are preset.
    Bolt them up have the vacuum lines hooked up correctly and go play.
    It's always a good ideal to clean up the complete fuel system from inside tank, fuel filter,
    Pick up shock if it has one while carb. is being rebuilt.

8. WestEndAngler

WestEndAngler Member

I am not a carb guy, I've pulled them apart before and tinkered with them, but this one scared the sh!t out of me. I sent it to Hite Parts & didn't bother breaking it down or shelling out the cash. I tried the little tricks to clean it up, using seafoam etc, to no avail. I was stumped and turns out a complete overhaul was needed. They had a good turnaround on service. I wouldn't hesitate using them again.

9. hatch

hatch Member

Thanks guys, its just a $40 kit Vs $300. I dont mind really spending the money if all thought it were worth it ya know. I think i am just going to send mine off as well. That way i know it will be done right and I wont have to worry about that again.

Side note here, a buddy of mine was telling me that you can get a gallon container (my understanding looks like a paint can) of chemical dip for carbs at napa. He said you drop it in it for like an hour or so and pull it out and it cleans all the jets etc. $40 or so a can i think he said. may be good for other carbs if anyone is interested.

10. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I got one of these for a Daihatsu S80 and it doesn't include the diaphram for the choke unloader and of coarse the one I'm working on is shot.No clue why they would leave this out but it's not on the contents list.