1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cfr 571.500

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by PaulChristenson, May 26, 2008.

1. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Actually TN just removed the word Electric from theirs.

2. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

Greg, can you provide a citation to the new law or amendment?

I believe that under TN law slow moving vehicles must be able to go at least 20mph but not more than 25mph. That eliminates Kei trucks which are not speed limited. If your vehicle WERE speed limited, would you want to do much driving on roads? I also believe the law states that electric golf carts can never be registered.

I am in favor of amending current state laws to allow Kei trucks on roads where the speed limit is, say, 40-45mph or less. I believe that most laws limit SMVs to streets where the speed limit is 35mph or less.

Sam

3. greg0187

Thats is correct. Just went into effect this month (May 08). House Bill (HB2766) and Senate Bill (SB3136). I don't think you have to have a so called inspection. You just sign a statment saying your veihicle has all the necessary safety equipment.

-Greg

4. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

Thanks, Greg. In your opinion, can Kei trucks which are speed limited now be registered in TN as slow moving vehicles despite not having a VIN number? Are there any Tennesseans who plan to register their mini truck under the new law?

Sam

5. greg0187

The way I interperet THIS with the addition of "Gasoline Powered" and the speed limiters have not been removed I don't see why not.

-Greg