1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB Radios??

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by gumballf355, Mar 5, 2009.

1. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

Any of you guys have CB radios installed into your mini trucks? I have one in my 4runner and I'm thinking about installing them into my hijets. Pictures??

2. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

i use to have CB's in all my trucks and cars i owned in the 70's but not much use for them now...but they are still pretty cool :D, i have some hand held ones for camping.

wyatt

3. ukmicro

ukmicro Member

Have not worked out where to put the whip for my Ham Rig on my Sambar Van.
    Can't roof mount because of the twin sunroofs and don't really want to mount on the side of the motor. Used to run 2m and 70cm mobile when I had my Vitara with antenna mounted on the rear door wheel carrier.
    Might just have to go and buy a handy instead.

4. countryrebel

countryrebel Member

I have one in mine. I will try to get a picture of it sometime.

5. rpm

rpm Member

My cell phone has outdated my CB. I do carry a set of FRS radios for when I go to the races to keep in contact with base camp. Less static and better reliability. Cell towers usually get overloaded at NASCAR events.

6. Colin

Colin Member

I've got a little Radioshack CB in my Sambar - you can see the cord hanging from the ceiling in my videos. :D

I mounted a stubby antenna right behind the cab, and it doesn't protrude over the top of the bodywork. I'm sure it limits the range, although I've been able to carry on conversations at ~1/2 mile distance, which is just fine by me.

You can see the antenna here:

[​IMG]

Colin

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  7. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

last one i had was in my 80 chevy 1/2 ton. used dual antennae that were mirror mounted... i think the back of the cab like colin has would be good. just taller or mount higher so its over the top a bit.

8. mightymits#21

mightymits#21 New Member

i got one in mine, works good but im lookin to get a whip antenna soon

9. seriousdiesel

seriousdiesel New Member

we put alot of cbs in the minis. we use the rubber ducky antennas that magnet mount on the top of the truck. They arent the most optimal for range but they dont hit trees and such in the woods too bad since they are only 12 inches tall and very flexible. I run a small Maxxon cb peaked and tuned to 15 watts. dont forget to set swr!!

10. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

lol i remember those rubber ducky antenna's