1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cary motors?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by KCCats, Apr 30, 2017.

1. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

OK The search here isn't the best so let me just ask.

What all motors and what years did they come in?
    I know there was a 550 as well as the 660!
    There is a K6?? and a F6??
    What others and what are the differences?

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Not at all familiar with the 550, but the 660 came in two flavors. Earlier F6A was Belt driven SOHC of 658 cc, later K6A was Chain driven DOHC of 658 cc. Even though both had 658 actual cc, the bore & stroke were not the same. If I understand right, the F6A was carbed but I do not know if the later F6As had points or were Electronic Ign. As far as I know, the K6A all had EFI along with Coil-On-Plug computer controlled ignition. I think the change came about 2000 models when they changed to the slightly longer wheelbase and the slightly different front end style with the front wheels at the very front of the vehicle rather than under the driver seat. Hope I am not leading you in a wrong direction, maybe someone else with more positive info will chime in.

Fred

3. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Know exactly what I need to know!
    Did they use the same head gasket?
    Is it possible to put a K6a head on the F6a block?
    Knowing I would need the 6 head bolts and all the EFI components!

4. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

I would doubt if what you are planning is doable. It would be an extreme coincidence if they would match as they are 2 different engine families. Hoping for someone with more exact info to chime in as I am only assuming and you know how that goes. Some very interesting thoughts you have, please continue to keep the forum informed as to what you accomplish.

Fred