1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carry Shopping

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Brett V, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Brett V

Brett V New Member

i would appreciate anyone's insight. i'm shopping for a carry with diff-lock. today on a test drive of 92' DD51 , while in 4H the axle lock would not disengage (i.e. the light doesn't go out). is axle always on regardless if your in 4x? is that button completely worthless. i thought maybe i could get 2L with it off, not how it works huh?
    thanks in advance.

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Axle lock is not diff lock. Axle lock is on all 4x4 Carry's. It's the front axle lock for 4x4. Chevy's in the 1990's and possibly later did the same concept without an extra switch

Diff Lock would be an identical switch to the left of the steering wheel, if it is equipped. You should be able to get it to switch on and off. My '92 Carry was pushbutton 4x4 while the shifter cable was broken. But for the purpose of obtaining 2 low, it would be pointless. The trucks have a major traction disadvantage in 2wd.. If the light never goes out, even if you push it, rock it in reverse ect... the shift computer may be bad. They are available but you need the numbers off the old one to get the right one and they are not too cheap

3. Brett V

Brett V New Member

Matt167 thanks for quick reply. i have done a bit of research and thats why i ask the question. i'm good on diff-lock. i understand and i tested it and all good; in / out and cuts out at 30 like i understand it should. axle lock button lights when shifting into 4x automatically (as i think it should) but it would not disengage unless i shifted to 2H. light was always on no matter what when i was in 4x. i thought it was possible to shift (or push the button) on or off while in 4x.

4. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Yeah, there is a switch on the shifter that you could interrupt to get 2 low. The center console pulls out really easy