1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carry Performance

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by slabguy, May 16, 2017.

1. slabguy

slabguy New Member

I just bought a Carry and have changed the fuel filter and air filter. Plan to do a full tune-up soon. It has the 660 with 4 speed. I'm only seeing about 48mph on flat ground. Is that about normal for a 4 speed or just I be able to get more speed than that? It seems a little sluggish off the start but maybe that is normal for these trucks. Thanks.

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

660(actually 658)cc's convert to 40 CID. Keep that in mind. That being said, I live in the Philippines and acceleration & speed are about right for here. I have a van with 660/5spd and top end is about 100KPH(about 62MPH) but have never held it down long enough to find out just how fast it will go.

Fred

3. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

I use a GPS as a speedo and my top speed is up to 70mph now!
    But my issue was the throttle cable wasn't tight enough!
    I had my wife hold the peddle to the floor and I test the travel!
    I was able to tighten the stop bolt under the peddle and that made about a 5 mph difference!
    Then there is the Cat! Valve clearance, and timing belt and tune up!

4. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Also what size tires are you running?
    I have 175 70 13's on mine!

5. Wheelie

Wheelie Member

Had the same problem here. There is a pedal stop on the floor on my '95 carry. I adjusted it because it wasn't allowing wide open throttle. I was able to step on the gas and look at the throttle lever on the carb and kept adjusting until it was getting full throttle.