1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carry DB51 fan belt

Discussion in 'References' started by packrat, Feb 5, 2012.

1. packrat

packrat Member

I was cruising along at about 100km/hr (60mph) on the highway the other day, and heard a strange clunk coming from the engine compartment. The truck was still running well, but the alternator warning light was on. Figured it was the belt, and as I had another 20k to go, figured that as long as everything else seemed OK, I would continue on to where I knew there was an auto parts store. No problem, and a quick inspection showed a missing (and shredded) belt. Of course the parts place couldn't help, as they had no parts numbers Duh? Anyhow, I left and headed for the Canadian Tie, as I remember them having utility fan belts for furnace fans etc. I had a tape measure with me, and roughly measured the length. Went in, picked up a $6 belt (size A-26) and was on my way. Yay, one for the little guy!

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

excellent info...any parts guy under 30 seems to be a waste of time...they can't seem to find anything without a model and year