1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carlisle Tru-Power or Power-Trac Tires?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by ssmusicman, Apr 11, 2008.

1. tires

how much do you want for the tires?

2. myazel

myazel Member

I have had some pretty good loads on my six ply Titans now that it is firewood season and they seem to be doing fine. Provide good traction and not too noisy on the road going to the woods. A little softer than I would like but I feel they are a good compromise.

3. BillinOregon

BillinOregon Member

Myazel

I have the same on my 93 Carry. What PSI you running with heavy loads? How much are weight are you carrying?

Bill

4. Badgerland

Badgerland Member

I'd also recommend the Kenda Bear Claw.
    [​IMG]

Have a set on my 91 Carry and the traction is exceptional. The lugged design is a little loud on the pavement, but who minds the mini monster truck sound? :cool:

5. myazel

myazel Member

I am running about 12 pounds of air in them and while I have not weighed any of the loads I am hauling all the truck wants. It is a bed full of green wood fresh from the woods so it is heavy. Guy cutting with me is using a short box half ton chevy and I am hauling almost as much and have a lot better access to the woods with the mini. I work in about four woods within 2 miles of the house and the county I am in allows regitered atv/utv on the county roads. I registered it with the state and use it as a UTV. Also run SMV signs for my own safety.

6. D'Animal

D'Animal Member

I just installed these in a 23x8.50x10 size on my Hi-Jet Jumbo. No lift required at all.

Attached Files:

7. BillinOregon

BillinOregon Member

D Animal

Good to know they fit on std height trucks. BTW - love the "wing" - have the same one on our C6500. It looks sooo small on the C6500.

8. kalmac

kalmac New Member

I use these.
    i have ground clearance isues but can normally get to all the same places the big boy's toy's can get to. (landrover/jeep)

the sight of m truck digging in the moving forward is normally enough to make most stand and stare...LOL:p

Attached Files:

• tred.jpg
      tred.jpg
      File size:
      145.7 KB
      Views:
  9. Ralph

Ralph New Member

Be careful about filling your tires with liquid. You'll end up having too much traction and start tearing up trannys and rear ends. In many cases we're asking these modified minis to do things for which they were'nt designed. I have 25X8-12 AMS Vtrax 6ply on my 95 Mitsu and they do great in desert arroyos and rocky mountain trails. Hasta -Ralph

10. D'Animal

D'Animal Member

Come and follow me in the Custom Land Cruiser I am building.

Yea, those are 39.5" Iroks.

:D

Attached Files:

11. Travis91

Travis91 New Member

bearclaws run about a inch small. so that might be why they dont rub. the super grip super light might be a good tire.

12. Travis91

Travis91 New Member

13. D'Animal

D'Animal Member

I havn't measured them but I am also not running fenders.

14. Wrenflyer

Wrenflyer New Member

Doing some research, thinking of purchasing a truck....are those the stock wheels?

15. D'Animal

D'Animal Member

Those are stock rims.

16. Wrenflyer

Wrenflyer New Member

Thanks! Moving close to purchasing a mini....

17. o8k

o8k Member