Carlisle Radial Trail HD Tires 5151311

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by TurdFerguson, May 14, 2024.

1. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson New Member

Has anyone tried these Tires on a stock acty? The ones I'm using now look like they are going to burst as I'm hauling loads of dirt across the farm in my dump. I need Tires that can support heavy dump loads but still be safe on the road since my farm is quite a few miles from the house.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ctw-5151311#overview

2. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson New Member

I am thinking of running the trailer Tires on the rear and leaving the regular tires on the front for road cornering.

3. Bert Stevens

Bert Stevens Active Member

I switch to 13 inch civic wheels, and 155/70-13 alot more choices. wheels fit my scion xa too, so we can share show tires.

Rs2 likes this.
  4. Rs2

Rs2 Member

Trailer tires are made to roll and carry weight, not have the forces of traction, acceleration and braking. Bert is right get some 13” wheels and you can get tires from Walmart for cheap. 155/70r13 under $50 each.
    You will need to get wheel spacers, I use 1”

Last edited: May 16, 2024
  5. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson New Member

Will wheel spacers still be required with civic vx wheel? There is a set a few hours from me for sale.

6. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson New Member

Even with more options of 13 inch tires I really do not see any that would have a good load rating. I'm thinking I'll probably have to stick to steel wheels if I do find load rated tires.

7. Rs2

Rs2 Member

Yes, I use a 1” spacer on my VX wheels, otherwise the tire will rub the strut. Remember you are going from a 3.5” wheel to a 5” width wheel. A smaller spacer may work, but I like it sticking out a bit.

8. Rs2

Rs2 Member

The Farroad tires I got from Walmart for $48 each, have a load rating of 77. That’s 908 lbs per tire, or 3632 lbs gvw. That’s about 1000 lbs more than the approximate gvwr.

9. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson New Member

Ok. I picked up a set of hx wheels this past weekend. They currently have 195/65s on them so I can't put them on till I get some narrower shorter tires. I am holding off on spacers cause I am hoping I won't need them.

And yeah I see most of the 165/65 14 tires i see available have load ratings of 78 so that is plenty for this little truck.

Thanks.

10. Rs2

Rs2 Member

Can't wait to see some pictures.

11. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson New Member

I ended up getting some hx wheels. I Needed to put at least 10mm spacers on to clear the springs on the front so I put a 15mm set on just to be extra sure.
    Put some eibach springs and poly bump absorbers on the front struts and made a bracket to mount some sumo spring polyurethane spring helpers on the rear that were made for a 1500lb trailer.

Attached Files:

Rs2 likes this.
  12. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson New Member

Attached Files:

13. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson New Member

Attached Files:

14. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson New Member

Attached Files:

15. TurdFerguson