1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cargo Bed Storage Box

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Samurai9, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

Yesterday I paid Wal-Mart about $43 for a black hard plastic storage box about 40 inches long and 18 inches tall. It can be locked (but not very securely) and can be used as a bench. I plan to bolt it to my cargo bed right behind the cabin. It should be useful for carrying a little gas container, tools, supplies, etc. The color will go with my laid-in black plastic bed liner. The box was in the auto parts department. Not as safe as a metal box but should work OK for my purposes.

Sam

2. Gregkabob

Gregkabob Member

Samurai9, I had one of those boxes for years and they are a great storage solution. I had it mounted in my little girly truck (Ram50) and they work great. I thought about doing just what you did with it since the girly truck is gone (now have mini-truck and Man's truck, Dodge 2500 Cummins 6.7) but I kept the box.

Currently I have my generator strapped in that spot as I'm welding fence posts on the farm. Once that project is done I'll do like you did.