1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carburetor to EFI conversion

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Mclorivan, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Mclorivan

Mclorivan New Member

I have been pondering for a while about converting the S83P Carb setup to Electronic Fuel Injection; has this been done by anyone? Any tips or thoughts about it?

2. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

I had a similar thought, and did a lot of searching. The only one I found, that might work, was made by EcoTron. Unfortunately, they have stopped production, and now focus their business on autonomous driving systems, Unless you can find one that is very close to your needs, it will be extremely difficult to adapt - but if you do, you will be a HERO.

Cheers

3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

My thought was to adapt the setup from a Charade. Haven’t looked too far into it though. You might try posting on the livetodai forum. Mostly guys out of Australia, but they imported quite a few variation of Daihatsu and there are some highly knowledgeable folks on there.

The problem would be that the Charades are probably rarer than Hijets, and getting just about as hard to get parts for.

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member