1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carburetor thermo wax actuator for choke

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Tripthyme, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Tripthyme

Tripthyme Active Member Supporting Member

Mine isn't moving enough to go from closed to open. Can I repair this or does anyone know where I can get one? Or even the real name?

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

It is a wax motor. And, unfortunately I have no idea where they can be bought.

3. Tripthyme

Actually I miss identified my part. I'm having problems with the choke breaker. So after a lot of poking around I have decided to replace all vacuum lines and the coolant lines that go to the actual wax motor and do a system flush any tips on flushing out the block and making sure I get all the air out?

4. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

Jack it up in front a bunch (at least for vans anyway) so the air moves up to the radiator and out of the small kinks around the choke etc. Also helps to fill the overflow, then fill with coolant until it seems full, let it cool and you will see it suck down a lot more from the overflow. Then repeat the fill process. It may take a few cycles to get it full and the air out. Also use the bleeders on the tstat and the coolant line nearby to bleed air at the engine as well.

5. Tripthyme

Coll thanks
    Cool thanks a bunch! Any idea how the lines for the wax motor run? I'm asking because the way they were ran takes me from a larger connection to a smaller and the other is vise versa. So logic tells me to run it small to small and larg to large. But let's be real these were not put together with logic...

6. Tripthyme