1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carburetor Needed - 1983 Hi Jet S80LP-TRK

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet References' started by calex, Apr 4, 2014.

1. calex

calex New Member

Hey Guys!!

New to the forum and in need of what seems to be a hard to find carburetor for a 1983 Daihatsu Hi jet! Vehicle ID along with researched part number are listed below:

Type: S80LP-TRK
    Engine: EB (547cc)
    Chassis: JDA000S8000300344

Part No: 21100-87B04-000

Someone for some reason drilled through the old carb and a rebuild kit won't do the job . There is a tag on the carb with the same number in the part number "87B04". I can seem to find an S80 Factory rebuilt carb, but none of the part numbers listed ever match. Also find some that indicate for the LHD US Export 1986-1993 EB Series 550cc engine (which this is) there will modifications required. I can live with that, I just can't seem to locate the correct carb and at the prices I am seeing (upwards of $500), I want to make sure I am going to get the right one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is the final thing I need to get her up and running!!!

Thanks!

2. s80lp_jwo

s80lp_jwo New Member

Carb Found

You may have found one already, but i have 1991 S80lp with an EB motor and i bought the following carb off of Ebay. Mounts perfect, only modifications necessary to mount it to my s80lp was removing the fuel inlet from my carb and bolting it to the new one: same bolt pattern . Runs great. It may not be 100% for the Hijet S80lp, but its for a Daihatsu and makes my EB motor run strong. The seller was great to deal with, dont worry that they are based out of china. I live in MA and i bought the carb on 5/18, by 5/20 paypal had went through and by 5/22 it was at my door.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Engine-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43c5744ac4&vxp=mtr

Hope this helps