1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carburetor Icing

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by KAMworks, Oct 2, 2007.

1. KAMworks

KAMworks New Member

The answer to my question may be in another thread.
    Last winter I had occassional trouble with the carb, throttle etc icing up. Major chunks of ice in the hose inside the hose between the air filter canister and carb. I never could figure out where the actual air intake is. If the intake is primarily from the frame perhaps the moisture was being picked up every time I washed the Carry. Is there a Mod to prevent this from happening again?

2. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

ice

on my Midget there is a valve that switches from cold to hot air. it draws the hot off the tail pipe and the cold out of the frame rail.

3. KAMworks

KAMworks New Member

Interesting, where is the valve? I have a 1990 DB41T with the 550 CC FB5. Maybe the Valve has been stuck for sometime. Thanks

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  4. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

valve

it is made into the air filter . there is a wing nut that when loose lets the inside slide around and covers the fresh air intake . at the same time it opens the hot air intake hose. if you take the end off like canging the filter you can feel which one is open . this is on a 1996 Midget .