1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CARB SWAP

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Big Greg, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Big Greg

Big Greg New Member

I am doing a Rhino carb swap on my Suzuki Carry and am trying to figure out how to use my stock throttle cable,I have to cut the barrel off the cable to put it through the hole on the carb,what do you use on the end of the cable after that. Also to put a choke cable on I know where it goes but I dont see what to attach it to,behind the plug is a channel with a scew in the hole,almost looks like a jet,hope this makes sense.

2. Hegels

Hegels New Member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  3. Big Greg

Big Greg New Member

Thanks,that may work

4. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

i left the barrel on mine so that it could connect at the carb end as well.

5. Big Greg

Big Greg New Member

I need to take a closer look,I didn't think the throttle cable would fit through the hole with stock end

6. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

Greg,

its been a little while back... trying to remember if i took the lead off the end & put it back on after the cable went thru or if i took the piece off the housing & got another one.

we had a pretty long discussion on it & which ever way i did it in my first posts... we did the opposite after that so that it would be a solid connection.

7. kmack

kmack New Member

Im new to all this trying to get vacuum line info for 94 suzuki carry 4wd 660cc f6a dd51t the carb wasnt there when purchased. thankd

8. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

there is a complete & full set of vacuum diagrams for both of the different carbs for those years posted in the big carb thread... its even got them in color.

you will see a picture with numbers & then a hand drawn with colors & names on it. THIS is the one that worked on my 95 model.

9. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

I got a stock Mikuni off of a Suzuki DR650
    With the Mikuni carb flange and cables!
    My stoke cable was able to be used as is!
    I increased the jets and it's perfect!