1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carb Problems

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Dkincaid, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Dkincaid

Dkincaid New Member

I'm new to the mini truck scene. Recently acquired a Suzuki Carry. Previous owner replaced the carb. When I got it the truck would only run until it warmed up then would bog. I Recently changed the cap, rotor, wires, ignition coil and pick up coil. It ran a bit better but still rough. I then replaced fuel pump and filter. Runs like a champ until it warms up then it runs away and revs like it's gonna blow. Have to key it off and let it cool a bit before I can start it again. If I restart right away it runs away again. Any help would be appreciated. Just need some direction. Thanks

2. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

What psi is the pump? These carbs like 2-3 psi.

3. Dkincaid

Dkincaid New Member

This is only info I could find on the pump I purchased.

Attached Files:

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

5. Dkincaid

Dkincaid New Member

Well I appreciate all the info. Went ahead and put a regulator on it and thought I had it whooped. But after driving around for about 20 minutes around the farm it started acting up again. I've tried it on 2lbs and 1.5 It drives like a dream when it's warmed up and cruising. I can't even tell when it's about to Rev up. It just happens out of nowhere. Thanks again for the direction.

6. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

The pancake regulators like the link above do not work well at low pressure. Get a decent 1-4 psi regulator from Summit or Jegs like this:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-12-804

I use one of these on my 80 RX-7 which like 2.5-3 psi at the carb. When I used one of those pancake things it wasn't well regulated and would cause the pressure to jump up and down.

fmartin_gila likes this.