1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carb issues

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab References' started by thatharleyman, May 18, 2010.

1. thatharleyman

thatharleyman New Member

I have a 93 U42T with the 660 in it. I am having some problems with the carb. It will crank and idle but it idles way to high even after adjusting the idle screw... shortly after running fine it will sputter and die. After you take off there is what I call a "sweet" spot in the pedal where it will accelerate fine.. but above or below that it loses power. Does anyone know where I can get a carb rebuild kit or any kind of diagram? I checked the Cap, rotor, plugs, and wires. Also did a compression check and I have 150 on all 3 cylinders... big relief there as Im sure you can imagine..

2. erixun

erixun Member

I would check with all the site sponsors, I think they would be able to help with a rebuild kit/gaskets etc. Have you checked all your vacuum lines? Seafoamed it? Sorry I'm not much more help than that. Good luck

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  3. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

I second the seafoam....it never hurts and can put off a full rebuild for a bit...it isn't magic but it does what it claims...if you yank the carb off and just remove the atomizers and jets and clean them out with seafoam deepcreep (same as seafoam just in a spraycan) and some compressed air..drain the floatbowl and dump some seafoam in there and let it sit a while, check that your choke is coming off all the way when it warms up,and check your vacuum hoses...to quickly check vacuum hoses run an unlit propane torch over the vacuum lines and listen for an increase in rpm..any increase and you have found the area of the leak

Nikoblue likes this.
  4. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member