1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carb issue?? Need help

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by jwetovick, Sep 4, 2012.

1. jwetovick

jwetovick Member

Hello all. I'm having issues with my 95 mits minitruck. There are times when the motor will just rev up (pretty high rpm) on its own for about 3-5 seconds and then go back down to idle. This almost always happens when I'm putting into gear (1st or reverse) and seems to have a correlation with when the clutch gets pushed in? I've never seen this before and acts like some kind of vacuum problem but have never heard of a vacuum line and the clutch having any kind of correlation? It does not happen every time I put into gear, its off and on. Went couple weeks without it doing it and now the past two weeks it seems to do it fairly often. It almost has to be something with the carb but I can't figure out what? When it does it I can actually feel the gas pedal being pushed in slightly. What the heck is going on? Thanks a ton for the help!

2. jwetovick

jwetovick Member

Ok so this is weird to me but I have narrowed this problem down and seems crazy what I've found. After starting the truck today I turned the steering wheel and it revved up on me. After back to normal idle I turned the wheel the other way and it revved up again. So I lifted the seat and see that when I turn the wheel there is a little lever that is attached to the idel lever. This is hooked into some kind of accuator or something that has a couple vacuum lines hooked to it. Does this help anyone on what issue I have. Seems like the craziest thing ever that it only does it when I turn the steering wheel??? What does steering wheel have to do with it? Help!! Thanks!

3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Not that familiar with Mits. I would follow the throttle cable and see if its rubbing against the steering assy. and being pulled.

4. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

think your mits has power steering...possibly electric and the linkage is an idle up so keep the alt. load from stalling you out...check for electrical wiring coming from the steering rack...the linkage could just be too tight...possible you have hydraulic power steering and linkage is again to increase idle speed to compensate for pump loads