1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carb clean help

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Smf834, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Smf834

Smf834 Member

I have a 91 sambar that i just took the carb out because it is very hard to turn it over. I had to feather the gas pedal till it warms up and then it runs fine.

i took the carb out, no small feat for my limited knowledge in non-efi engine, and the butterfly valve facing the engine untake seems to operate fine, but the back part facing the forward of the truck is gummed up pretty good, sticky at best.

so what am i looking at and how should i check for proper condition? Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

From your photo it looks like it needs to be taken apart and cleaned then reassembled with a new kit. If you are not pretty familiar with carbs. it would be best to have it done by a good carburetor shop if you can find one. Carburetors are becoming rare in most of the automotive world.

3. Smf834

Smf834 Member

I was actually able to clear the gunk that allow the air valve within the carb to spring freely and i took out the tank where the jet is, will see if it helps:)

4. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Good luck,I really hope it works for you. These little Japanese carbs. can be a real pain.