1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't find the dip stick to check the oil!!!!

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by joe tx, Nov 30, 2012.

1. joe tx

joe tx New Member

Thanks for your help on my other post on the warning lights. Think I got that figured out. I'm trying to learn all I can about this truck and have spent a lot of time searching the forums. I'm just not being able to find the dip stick to check the oil. I read and re-read the thread "can't find oil dip stick !", and I just don't see a dip stick on my engine???? Help.....

Found the oil fill tube and looks like there may be a hole next to it on the block where a dip stick could have gone in??? Thanks, Joe.

11-30-12 002 copy.jpg

11-30-12 003 copy.jpg

11-30-12 007.jpg

2. packrat

packrat Member

Not easy to see, but it's just in front of the centre line of the left rear wheel, and a little above the axle level on the side of the engine case. It screws out upward. Just reach in around the top of the tire, and you sould feel it. I have the van, so there seems to be a little more problem to see it, but it is there, you'll get used to finding it after a while. To check the level, take it out, clean it off and just stick it back in without screwing it back in. Then pull it and make sure it's near the uper mark.

3. joe tx

joe tx New Member

Thanks, it's been driving me crazy. Joe.

4. Dokkieinmyhand

Dokkieinmyhand New Member

Mine is right in front of the timing belt. Metal shaft between the tire and timing belt cover I own a HA4 hope this help

5. shogun

shogun Active Member

I have a HA3, oil dipstick is behind left rear wheel.
    The dipstick for the automatic 3-speed transmission is on top of engine/transmission block, right side in driving direction.
    Engline oil drain is at the rear of the engine, 19 or 17 hex bolt.
    The drain plug for the automatic transmission can be removed with a square drive ratchet, can be reached from right side of the engine/trans block (in driving direction)