1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canadians!! - anyone heard of . . .

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by KeiEye, Jan 6, 2009.

1. KeiEye

KeiEye Member

I recently became interested in a truck on ebay. It expired before I bid on it but reserve wasn't met. Anyhoo, I contacted the guy & had a few emails back & forth & came to an agreement on price.
    Since then I haven't heard from the guy - still have my $$ though!!
    Anyone heard of "100foldharvest" from Manitoba? The ad looked good & he answered a couple of questions, & I thought he was OK, but there's so many ripoffs out there. Due diligence is required!!
    I've been lurking about this site for a bit now - fantastic!!! This is where I'll be doing my research when I do finally take delivery. Great work everyone!
    Keith.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2011
  2. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Not hear of him.
    If doing transaction thru e-bay make sure you use Paypal as they do protect you up to a certain $$ value if you get ripped off.
    If the guy wants to do a side deal - proceed very cautiously.
    Also check out what his feedback rating was - it's beside 100foldharvest in top right corner of e-bay web page.
    Do you still have the link to the e-bay auction? They are up for a while even though it's over.
    Would kind of like to looky loo the page.

3. Subaru

Subaru Member

E-bay can be very sketchy,especially if you have never been ripped off before and do not know the ins and outs.

I assume you too are from Manitoba?
    It is pretty easy to open up seperate E-bay accounts using different cities for locations,build up your feedback,then start ripping people off.
    Hopefully you find a truck and do not loose money in the meantime:)
    -Always see it in person before paying full amount

4. KeiEye

KeiEye Member

eBay Rips.

I'm well aware of eBay ripoffs & even worse - KIJIJI! I bought my last 2 Volvos off eBay. No issues - I do my homework, that's why I'm here!
    Thanx.

5. KeiEye

KeiEye Member

6. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

KeiEye:
    Hope you are up to speed on the front "axle lock" function that was mentioned in the e-bay ad.
    One of my pet pevees is people who claim that this locks the front diff up, although he didn't claim this just
    wanted to point out that axle lock just engages the front hubs only, no posi or LSD.