1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canadian dollar is high so time to buy a plow lets talk

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by cabnfever, Apr 16, 2010.

1. cabnfever

cabnfever Member

With the Canadian dollar as high as it is, im buying a plow early, real early lol.

Now its either going to be Acidgears or Blackline. I know both state acids is better but the two dealers who carry them keep dancing around what the real issue is with the BL product. So im calling you out, i want to know facts about why acids is better than BL. Im leaning towards his anyway as i think the poly blade is better for me but its time we all heard the real issues are.

Also here is the application i will be using for, I do residential snow removal which could be as little as 6 customers to over 40 per snow fall. Im in Toronto and we rarely see over 12" per fall but can go over. Im getting the 72" for sure, but not sure if i should go poly or steel. I have a 93 sambar so also have a bit of a concern about the headlights being blocked when blade is up which i will need to address to be "legal" and safe on the road.

on another note does anyone make a lift kit for the sambar?

Info would be much appreciated and anyone can chime in not just the heavy hitters

2. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Mik likes this.
  3. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Wait... you already posted in that one... oops oh well :p

From what I've read on this site Blackline just isn't heavy enough to stand up to the power of a mini truck... and the Blackline system is power down so if you are going to be plowing gravel you don't want that.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010