1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canada Customs

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by downhere, Jun 27, 2011.

1. downhere

downhere Member

My deck van is supposed to arrive in Vancouver on July 25 and I was just wondering how long things usually take to clear??? Have many of you guy's had vehicles get hung up at customs. Also on a side note it is coming Ro Ro as compared to a sea can. Does this affect the time it will take to clear?

2. Meesho

Meesho Member

You have to clear it yourself unless you are hiring a broker (doubt there is a customs office in ft sask). You need to pay the GST/ duty/ excise tax. The date you provide, July 25 is the arrival date of the vessel. By the time they make pickups available and searail delivers you your truck it will be close to September so you won't be rushed to clear customs as they will move it in bond.

3. downhere

downhere Member

I have an importer! He has said under 10 day's in customs and unloading. I have priced out the difference between rail and car carrier and have found that the car carrier is cheaper. They will guarantee a 3 day delivery. Rail was 2 weeks.

4. Meesho

Meesho Member

Which company will transport in 3 days?

Also, just heard that the workers at the RoRo port are going on strike and no vehicles will move from the ro-ro port. Hopefully will be resolved quickly.

5. downhere

downhere Member

Ship my ride.com out of Calgary is the company. They also quoted me $525.00 from Vancouver to Edmonton. They have trucks up to 5 trucks going to Vancouver a week. As far as the strike??????? Hope it clears up soon.

6. Meesho

Meesho Member

Hmmm......