1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we cross the US with kei truck? 25year rule..

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by chinacchi, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Guytouk

Guytouk New Member

Thanks guys, now the next brave one that can put togeter some kind of back road map win the bottle of wisky delever at his place on my trip hihi
    Thanks again Guytouk

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

You should find i much easier to find a backroad route north/south than east/west.

Fred

3. ttc

ttc Active Member

You want to talk to overlanders. You don't need to follow the 25 year rule if you bring your own truck from Japan. I also never seen this thread untill today will read through it on my laptop later

4. PedroNZ1

PedroNZ1 New Member

Here would be my take on this, and that would be to coordinate the trip with members of this forum in the States you wish to travel through, a little local knoledge is a good thing, with the possibility of seeing stuff that is not on the Tourist route.
    I read and have reread, Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenance, by Robert M Pirsig, I realise that things have changed alot in the States since the mid 1960s, but I think it would be just about as much fun crossing the USA in a mini truck as on a motor cycle.
    Me being from New Zealand, I don't think I will get to do this, but it is a nice little day dream.
    If any one does do this, please post your trip with photos & or video, it would be a cool thing.