1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help me figure out a way to get on on the road in Ohio

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by rtgw007, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtgw007

rtgw007 New Member

hello all, I have been on the phone with state police, license bureaus, title offices, local police, and The sher. department. They all have said that The mini is just not gonna be a possibility for me to drive on Ohio roadways. I live in the country but live in a small town with which is our county seat so there are local police, sher dept, and statehighway patrol in this town so its not like i can get one and hide it from them. I farm about 5 diff. farms in the area and figured that it could just use the slow moving vehicle signs for them but it is not considered a slow moving vehicle because it will do over the legall smv mph. Yeah i know you can get an sis tag now in ohio but it still isnt legal because it is capable of going over 45mph! Trust me I know this for a fact because I had a State highway patrolman which was very helpful look into it for me. The outcome was that the truck was capable of doing over 45mph and was not legal to travel with a smv or sis tag or sticker. So from there I had him look into wheather or not i could get it titled and insured in a different state and bring it back here and drive it with say Tennessee tags. That was a big ol no to. He stated that there was no way around it because the mini was considered NOT LEGALLY SAFE to be on Ohio Roadways!! Looks like im just crap out of luck but if anyone has figured out a way to get one on the road legally in ohio PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Im tired of getting 15mpg running from on farm to the next, and I know you all are feeling that way by now!!!!!!!

2. De-icer

De-icer Member

Well, since most of the trucks have speed limiters on them and can only operate at 25mph you should be able to get a smv status. Just have the statey inspect it to insure the speed limiter is in place and cannot run over 25mph and I would think you would be OK. Also, as a farmer can't you just though an AG tag on there and bo OK?

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I contacted a company like this one http://www.getnewtitle.com/ and asked them. They knew exactly what I was talking about and said no problem. I never persued it past that point b/c I figured the cost would be high.

-Greg

4. Colin

Colin Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.