1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camo Wraps

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by sooke, Jun 23, 2008.

1. sooke

sooke New Member

Has anyone used a camo wrap for their vehicle. If so can you tell me how idiot proof it is to put on? Does the final product look good? Is it a bitch to remove? Thanks

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

3. rpm

rpm Member

I've seen lots of camo wraps. What I'm interested in is a custom wrap. I checked some of the commercial advertising places but they want WAY too much ($2000+) to do one. I can get a custom paint job for half of that.

4. We've used camowraps and they work great, no way to idiot proof the process though. Just be sure to set aside about 16hrs and be ready to make LOTS of relief cuts. We charge 600.00 to wrap the vehicles (including wrap),it is definitely time consuming but well worth it, a camo paint job can't compare to a Hi-def wrap. Just make sure you have a heat gun, a plastic bondo spreader, and an exacto knife.

5. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

fremont,

do you guys soak the truck down with soapy water first and spread it on like window tint? i've never done it before but just wondering. that's how we used to do the giant stickers on the race car. the soapy water would let the big die-cut stickers slide around and give you time to get them just right before it was a permanent mistake :eek:

we used to mix just a little bit of dish soap into a small "hudson" type sprayer and spray the car down. once the car was good and slippery we would apply the vinyl and we could make minor adjustments or take it completely off and re-apply without losing the adhesion. once we had it where we wanted it we would use a squeegie and roll all the bubble out of it, leave it alone and it would be permanent by the next day.

6. sooke

sooke New Member

Thanks for the info girls, now I just have to decide what pattern I want...

7. Lawngas,
    first we wash it with windex or some other alcohol based cleaner that dries really fast. Once it's totally dry we dry fit the sheet where it's going to go and slowly peel back the backing as we work the sheet into place. Don't take the backing all the way off, just peel it off as you go and you'll be fine. Don't forget the heat gun and the exacto knife, pop all bubbles and just work them in. Give it hell man!

8. 4Wheelin

4Wheelin Member

Camo Clad was an easy install. Took me maybe 3-4 hours to do myself.

[​IMG]

9. sooke

sooke New Member

mitsu ax4 pic

Are those stock seats in that picture?

10. 4Wheelin

4Wheelin Member

Yes they are.

11. zbadboy

zbadboy Member

I have heard there is permanent and temporary(?) Or something like that and one is easier then the other to put on. Any recommendations?

Jeff

12. Make sure you get temp, it's much easier to work with

13. sooke

sooke New Member

temp

How long can the temps stay on for without degrading?

14. probably longer than you'll have the truck, the only difference between the temp and the permanent is the adhesive backing.

15. 4Wheelin

4Wheelin Member

I have the temp. It is not peeling at all. But I brushed the bedliner material all around the edges to keep it from peeling back. When you are applying the camo clad, all you have to do is work from back of the truck to the front overlapping about 1/4 inch of the material to keep it from getting snagged on any briars or brush.

16. Zuerlein_63

Zuerlein_63 New Member

I also have been finding good quality vehicle wraps for our food truck but I would like to install that on my own. So I just need to buy wrap sheets at affordable prices. I was just wondering if anyone here could help regarding it!

17. harley rose

harley rose Member

1. We will still honor the $50/sheet price for forum members on the Permanent camo wraps. If you want removable, we can do it for $70/sheet. Forum members ONLY....
      www.camo4u.com

MiniMuscle, May 10, 2016Report
      #121LikeReply

2. [​IMG]
      MiniMuscleMember
      new patterns added at www.camo4u.com

MiniMuscle, Sep 14, 2016Report
      #122LikeReply

3. [​IMG]
      MiniMuscleMember

new patterns added at www.camo4u.com
      offer is still valid

MiniMuscle, Apr 25, 2017Report
      #123LikeReply

4. [​IMG]
      MiniMuscleMember
      Just a reminder that the offer still stands. Just make sure that you mention this forum

MiniMuscle, Today at 9:50 AM