1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camo wrap ?

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by dmerc, Aug 3, 2009.

1. dmerc

dmerc Member

Does the camo actually wrap around, like door edges, fenderwells, and such, or is it trimmed right at the edges. I'm trying to decide what to cover my truck with....just can't see how vinyl can help but lift at the edges? And, wrapping around edges would surely be even worse??

I'm more interested in urban camo patterns, but not seeing much that thrills me.

2. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Don Drive up and look at the one camo I have here. We can discuss and you can see it at the same time.

3. dmerc

dmerc Member

Thanks Steve, can't make it this week, maybe wed/thur of next week? Be a nice trip on my bike!!:D

4. dmerc

dmerc Member

I decided to go the Krylon Camo route! Used stencils I found online. Would rather have larger shapes, but at least it ain't white anymore!! :D

[​IMG]

5. starpuss

starpuss Member

looks real nice. i may try doing that on mine.

6. dmerc

dmerc Member

Here's a full pic...... edited with newer pic. Got it put back together, got the Honda wheels cleaned up,painted, and installed.
    Still gotta' do the bedliner, then find something to use for a muffler/tailpipe!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  7. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

don,

I guess that means you won't be by today?

8. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I guess so... It looks perfect. Its almost hard to believe its not a wrap.

9. dmerc

dmerc Member

Hey Steve, spent yesterday finishing up the paint, took today off to recover from the paint fumes:eek:, and do some daytrading. I gotta' go to Toledo one of these days, I'll hunt you up, I promise!:)

It's getting so late in the summer, and I haven't done much of anything!

10. dmerc

dmerc Member

Thanks Greg. it's very hard to keep all the zillions of edges (of the stencils) down, so tends to be blurry in spots that weren't held down good, but anything flat, is pretty quick and easy.