1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

camo covering

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by michael a, Aug 21, 2007.

1. michael a

michael a Member

What results is anyone having with the camo covering for these trucks? Is it easy to install and is it durable, was thinking about using it on mine.

2. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

I have used the 3m vinyl wrap. I looks great, but is a pain to install. It took us almost 3 days to do it...and was pretty pricey also. I think there are some cheaper versions out there....that is what I will go with next time.
    Here is how it turned out.
    [​IMG]

3. michael a

michael a Member

Thats what i was thinking, that it would be hard to put on but it looks good

4. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

Alternative...create (or procure) your favorite stencil for the pattern you want, get the automotive flat colors you want, sand as needed, enter paint booth (or if brave do it outside) and paint away. I have seen some pretty nice jobs done this way. Lots of patterns both modern and historical available to copy on the web!

5. I sell camoclad which is the 3m camo wrap material and I have a valuable step that not many know of when applying this stuff. I also have done the stencil kits as well. I think the wrap is the way to go and looks much better than the paint but thats just my opinon. If you need to buy the camo I will give you a great deal on it. I also have one 4'x5' sheet of Realtree hardwoods window film that retails for 175.00 that I will sell for 100.00. I bought this and did not have time to put it on a truck before I sold it and now I only have trucks with the max-4 pattern which is way different from hardwoods. Let me know...