1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cam belt.....can you tell if it's been done?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by dmerc, Aug 16, 2008.

1. gregw98

gregw98 Member

I was about to correct you. Not!!!!!!
    greg

2. Ronin

Ronin Active Member

If the timing belt has been changed the accompanying sticker is invariably affixed to the belt cover, or somewhere nearby in the engine space. Suz19's:

[​IMG]

Pretty much universal, minor variations. "タイミングベルト交換"=timing belt change. The date and mileage (kilometerage) it was changed at follow.

Here replaced due to age rather than distance, at 24 years I figured a new one was the better plan. Done with a bunch of other general maintenance very soon after purchase.

Edit: Old thread is old... revived. Might help someone... :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  3. Anne Sweeney

Anne Sweeney Member

I wanted to replace the belt myself but I anticipate I will be having a hard time removing the alternator pulley. I dont have a pneumatic wrench. Any suggestions?

4. Ronin

Ronin Active Member

Why would you be removing the alternator pulley to do a timing belt change? Just loosen the alternator to get enough slack in the fan belt to get it off and out of the way, so you can get to the timing belt cover and thus the timing belt that resides beneath.

Which exact model do you have...? I can post a link or image or two to help you out. :D

5. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I'll bet he was meaning Crank pulley and his keyboard misquoted him.Happens to me all the time.

6. Ronin

Ronin Active Member

Stupid computers... could be, aye.

In any case, I've never had much trouble with the crank pulley bolt on a kei... soak it with PBlast for a while before you start, drive around for a couple of days. Put it top gear, set the p-brake, hook up and haul.

Eyeballs have bugged a couple of times but they didn't fall out. Yet. :D

7. Anne Sweeney

Anne Sweeney Member

I think we have a different model mine DD51T with F6A. Crank pulley must be removed to take the cover out to gain access of the timing belt

8. Ronin

Ronin Active Member

Rgr... 'alternator pulley' ≠ 'crank pulley'.

No matter... see above. Should come off without too much hassle.

Good luck. :)

P.S. On the F6A, the timing belt also drives the water pump, TB change time is a good time to replace that too. Cheap insurance.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  9. Anne Sweeney

Anne Sweeney Member

My wrong
    My bad, yeah crank pulley..