1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cab Removal Possible?

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by MJPapp, Sep 7, 2018.

1. MJPapp

MJPapp New Member

I don't have a mitsu in front of me - I know I can remove the bed. Is there any way whatsoever to remove the cab, no matter how messy?

Anyone done so with any brand? Doing a motor swap and I don't want to re-invent the wheel, will just be so much easier with the cab off

2. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

Pretty sure the frame and cab floor are one, not removable.

3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I think some of the some of the newer trucks had frames starting in the late 90’s. But all of the trucks before that had unibodies.

4. harley rose

harley rose Member

I would think this would get you where you want to be :

5. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

Looking forward to watching that build, that's not TOO far off what I'm planning.

6. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

KS4 Subaru Sambar you can take the cab off the frame individually, i stripped my 91 in the picture as spare parts for my 97. the box was about 8 or 10 bolts to remove, engine/trans/transfercase as a whole took about 2 more hours to drop after that then another couple hours to strip the whole dash/interior and then 6 bolts i think holding the cab to the frame. surprisingly everything came off easy without heating any bolts or other BS

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018