1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a mini truck with title or one imported for AG use??

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Kenneth Winter, Oct 11, 2019 at 6:59 AM.

  1. Kenneth Winter

    Kenneth Winter New Member

    I am familiar with this reasons to buy a vehicle WITH a imported/official paper work (title).

    What about buying a unit that was imported as an AG vehicle.. ie No title..?

    Is is possible to legally obtain a title for a mini truck with not title already in the US?
    Yes.. this is 25 years old vehicle..

    No funny business here.
    Just curious if it is worth the hassle to try to get a title for a mini truck already here..

    Curious in TN
  2. Jigs-n-fixtures

    Jigs-n-fixtures Active Member

    This going to be entirely dependent on where you are. Some states never title them or ATVs, and you’re just going with a bill of sale. First stop is whoever in your state handles titles and license plates.

    I’m in Idaho, there is no title, and they only plate the trucks as off road vehicles, and no title. Japanese mini trucks are explicitly named in the statutes. The statutes are silent on mini vans, and some of the counties are giving people titles, and real license plates on them with no hassle.
  3. fmartin_gila

    fmartin_gila Active Member

    Don't know in your state as each has their own regs, but check to see if you may be able to get a 'Bonded Title" utilizing an Insurance Agency.

Share This Page