1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush Guard '92 Carry

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by SaskCarry, May 23, 2010.

1. SaskCarry

SaskCarry Member

I finally got to the steel I had bought to build the bush guard on my Carry. Since I didn't really have any sort of plan on paper when I started, it took me all day yesterday to fabricate and install. I took it off this morning to do some final welding and to paint it.
    The frame bolts to the previously built boat rack over the cab and to angle irons that I welded onto the front bumper. I'm hoping this will help save my windshield from branches and maybe will even help me survive a collision with a deer. Although it would have to be a fairly short deer. I'll have better luck vs. a coyote anyway.
    #1 My Carry without the guard
    #2 The bush guard on the floor getting painted
    #'s 3,4,5 Different views of finished job

Attached Files:

2. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

Nice but with my experience deers don't even bother moving when they see a Carry coming. They just look at us and laugh and roll on the ground. Came upon 5 deers the other night and it was like I wasn't there. And I'm sure I heard them giggle! And a Moose just raises it's tummy a little and lets you pass under. So call it a branch guard and we'll agree......

3. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

good job............:)

4. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

Oh yes I forgot to mention good job it looks nice, so does that RED paint job. Mine also needs a coat of paint, but I need a radiator first. Still waiting for minibrute to answer my email "Jeremy"

5. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

What are those seatbacks????? Me likes....

6. SaskCarry

SaskCarry Member

Thanks. "Branch guard" it is then :). The seats came with the extended cab config. on this truck. They even adjust a couple of inches back and forth and sit a bit higher and there is room for stuff behind the seats. I had to replace the 14" wiper on the driver's side with a 19" because the height. I was looking thru an unwiped part of the windshield with the shorter wiper. It also has a Pioneer AM/FM/CD with door mounted speakers and a fancy F1 steering wheel. I removed the carpet from the floor and replaced it with roll-on rubber and fitted in some rubber matting. Who the hell would want carpet in their mini anyway?

7. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

Mine has a noise dampening tile cover with a rubber mat

Attached Files: