1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bucking

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Seapro, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Seapro

Seapro New Member

1995 mazda scrum runs great WOT but if trying to accelerate slowly it jerks and bucks and until you give it full throttle

2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

When's the last time you changed the fuel filter?

3. Seapro

Seapro New Member

never only had about 3 months, just got it out in woods and started noticing the problem.

4. Limestone

So let me try to understand! You just got it, new to you, didn't do any maintenance, or preventative maintenance, like change the oil, change the fuel filter, check the tank to see if the fuel or tank was dirty, or checked the plugs, etc........I guess I'm just trying to understand what in the heck your expecting? Now I know why, they're trying to develop electric cars, and solar stuff! Just saying!
    Limestone

5. Seapro

Seapro New Member

No I drained and cleaned gas tank, oil and filter change, new air filter, replaced carb and thousand vacuum lines, feel they are hooked up right except was missing some, i think two, of the check valves on the vacuum lines from what i remeber on diagrams i was trying to follow. checked plugs but didnt change and took fuel filter off and ran gas through but didnt change. I can work on it just dont know crap about diagnosing. Idles really high until warm then idles fine with no problem, just issue of stumbling or bucking when trying to accelerate gradually, but if you stick your foot in it it runs like scalded dog.

6. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

The G & R Imports web site has a maintenance tips page which does a decent job of trouble shooting things. and lists all the things commonly blamed on the carb that aren’t.

There are a lot of issues folks blame on the carb that are ignition, fuel pressure, or vacuum related, and lost easier to repair. Dishonest mechanics, used to fix the simple problem, and charge a bunch of money to shoot off the carb with a spray can of carb cleaner.

Limestone likes this.
  7. Limestone

And if you don't, upgrade your Signature, in you Profile, like Jigs, and others, including myself, it's really inconsiderate, of our time, to try to remember, and chase down,YOUR, past info, to try to help! We are not magicians and this is not a magic Forum! We need more info to help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Limestone

8. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

The high idle after a cold start is the way it is supposed to be, that's why there are 2 coolant lines running to the carb. If you go way back in threads by Spaner he explains it very well.

Limestone likes this.
  9. Seapro

Seapro New Member

had no idea about adding to signature, hopefully did it right!!!!!!!!!!!!

Limestone likes this.
  10. Limestone

Sea,
    Glad to see your Sig. I don't really think there's a wrong way to do it. Just mainly like you did, giving us as much info about your unit, that you have, so we can try to help! Remember, were not there! We have no IDEA what you have! By you adding, "used for hunting and play", believe it or not, but that helps us tremendously, knowing that it's not an everyday driver, and it can sit occasionally!
    Limestone:)

11. Limestone

Sea,
    I didn't realize you had a thousand vacuum lines! lol It sure seems like it, I get it! The Vacuum line diag. available look to be a little confusing. Some guys in the past have gambled, by switching them around and got lucky! Others, have gambled by eliminating them, and got lucky! That's where a little, auto mechanical experience, can come in handy! In my opinion. Some of the old timers, who seemed to have been born in the Garage, or shop, would just experiment, and do remarkable stuff like that! Like Jim said, that high ide is the way it's originally designed! The info that jigs guided you to, on the G&R Imports site, is truly help full! I know that it can be pretty discouraging, but you will get better at diagnosing and figuring your unit out, if your willing to push your mind and really get into it! Yeah, it does take time, and most aren't willing to invest that today, in our hurry up society! Good Luck!
    Limestone