1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buck and his mini truck

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Buck irving, May 3, 2017.

1. Buck irving

Buck irving New Member

Where is best place to purchase carburetor for diahatsu s83p 1991 model. It's the one with all the vacuum lines.

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Find your Part # at megazip then you can search around for price and availability. I have had good dealings with jp-carparts.com but there are several other suppliers out there.

Fred

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the tip about Megazip. Unfortunately, they don't offer a category for Daihatsu. I'm not aware of a contemporary Toyota equivalent.

4. fmartin_gila

Try this link, then click on the "TOP" thing right above Suzuki and it will go to a place where you can select Daihatsu. Then go from there. I have not used this site merely have it in my favorites so don't know how well it works.

Fred

5. ttc

ttc Active Member

partsfan has parts fiche

6. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

I presume that you are fed up with the operation of the choke assembly. If so, I am too. Has anybody put a cable onto this carb to activate the choke manually ? And how did you do it ?

7. Buck irving

Buck irving New Member

How long does it usually take for parts to make it here from Japan? I have a carb. comming

8. ttc

ttc Active Member

I get parts from impex in about a week

9. fmartin_gila

About 3 days for me in the Philippines from jp-carparts.com in Japan.

Fred

10. Buck irving

Buck irving New Member

11. Buck irving

Buck irving New Member

I put a rebuilt carbrator83p on mini, runs some better but still not there. The new one didn't have as many places for all the vacuum lines the old had. It would seem like there would be some directions included. Any one had this same problem?