1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SOLVED] Brakes

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Brian Williams, May 12, 2023.

1. Brian Williams

Brian Williams New Member

Hello all I have a 1997 carry that has be converted to left hand drive. The brakes are very soft. If I drive for a bit they seem to get better. At first pedal all the way to the floor and they don’t lock up. I’ve had it for around 4 years and the system has never been opened. Reservoir is full and see no leaks anywhere. Would I be correct in suspecting the master cylinder to be leaking internally.

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

More likely soft brakes generally caused by air trapped somewhere in system. Generally you can get a good bleed by pumping/open&close bleeders on wheel cyls but occasionally a vacuum or pressure bleed is necessary to get a good bleed. Pay attention to the proportioning valve or load sensing valve if you have one or the other.

Fred

3. Ronin

Ronin Active Member Supporting Member

Fred is most likely correct... while you're in there flush the whole system with fresh DOT 3.

FWIW check the brake hoses too. Usually done every two years here... MC? Maybe. Start with the bleed/flush and see what happens.

4. Brian Williams

Brian Williams New Member

Thanks for your input. I thought in couldn’t be air because I never had the system opened. Reservoir was a little low must have gotten some air on a slope or something. Air in the passenger side calliper. Lots of pressure now.