1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boss V plow on Sambar?

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Otter, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Otter

Otter New Member

I'm considering putting a Boss UTV V-plow on my 1990 Sambar. It weighs 400 lbs and will require a custom mount. Has anyone done this? Will stock springs suffice in front?

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I run the 6-ft Blackline electro-hydraulic plow on my Hijet. I upgraded to 150-450 variable rate springs on the front. This gives you a good balance between ride quality with out the plow, and enough load capacity to carry the plow without bottoming out.

The stock springs on the Hijet are 2.5-inch ID, have a free length of 11.8-inches, and have a spring rate of 200lb/inch.

Not sure how your Sambar compares. But if you can determine what the inside diameter, and free length of your springs are, they are considerably less expensive through Summit, or eBay, than the mini truck dealers.

3. Adam Wheeler

Adam Wheeler Active Member

The stock springs likely will need to be upgraded to accommodate both driver & or passenger and plow. Stock springs on a sambar are rated @ 180lb/inch, best bet is to get some variable rated springs, like the above poster mentioned.

This person has the fisher utv plow attached to theirs using and modifiying the arctic cat mount to fit the sambar frame. Not sure if both the fisher and boss utv plows have similar hookups.