1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bored...make your own mini truck

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by fupabox, Jan 6, 2010.

1. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Dude! Thanks for posting this. I have a plan! :D

3. greg0187

In the meantime I did put together the body just quickly to see how it fits together.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. fupabox

5. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

omg.. im at work.. and no printer!!!

hmmm.. to steal the office printer for a moment or not .....

Also yes, cabin fever.. been a week without my truck.. again and i miss it!! well kinda, i know with the -50 this morning that it wouldnt start for sure...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  6. o8k

o8k Member

This is just too cool... Im impressed by the detail in these models. I have a color printer at home and some photo paper. Think ill do it up there where the quality will be better.

7. fupabox

GGGrrr....:mad:I'm on my 4th body...I keep adding custom graphics and colours in photoshop and the ink makes the paper all wobbly..going out to buy better paper ...in bed with the flu ,but going bonkers..can they not play a different episode of friggin mythbusters for a change:(

8. Stuff99

need some stiff paper!!

get better soon!

9. o8k

o8k Member

Flu, yuck, get better...

LOL Mythbusters Re-runs! I canceled cable b/c all those shows on Discovery, History, etc were getting old...

Dont go driving out to the store to get paper! Your sick! You'll not get better!

10. fupabox

Thanks to Earl Grey and Captain Morgan....(doctors orders of course:rolleyes:) I survive .......still wanna finish this little model but just haven't had much time yet...the wheels are driving me insane, can't find a paper glue that will hold them together properly..anyone else have better results?

11. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Damn, poisoned the viruses with 40 proof medicine eh :)? Does this mean I can't have your mini :D? Glad to hear you're feeling better, it's a crumby time to be ill!

12. fupabox

40 proof?? don't know what ya mean;)...Earl Grey is tea...:rolleyes:...ty for the kind words all:)

13. Stuff99

there is a little captain in all of us :)

glad to hear your better!!

havent tried these yet, printer acting up... what kinda glue are you using? glue stick might work better. its a bit tacky.

14. fupabox

Tried a glue stick after the white glue was taking too long...I'm assuming that there is a specialized glue for paper modelling..liquid white glue even used sparingly soaks into the paper and deforms it leaving the model lumpy..maybe it's the paper.

15. project_x

project_x Member

Spray Glue, you can find it Canadian Tire or Staples

16. greg0187

I just used a tape pen(I think thats what its called). My wife uses them for scrapbooking.